Submission Deadline EXTENDED: December 3, 2021
NAMA is now accepting presentation proposals for The NAMA Show 2022. Every attendee at The NAMA Show has valuable knowledge that can help advance convenience services as a whole. We invite you to be a thought leader and share your expertise in Chicago.
If speaking interests you, then here are a few guidelines you can reference when completing your submission:
A quality presentation…
- Contains practical information that will help operators gain revenue, gain efficiencies, and/or meet their business objectives.
- Covers a new, specific topic relevant to convenience services.
- Speaks to one of these target audiences:
- New/smaller operators.
- Small and mid-sized operators expanding their business.
- Larger operators.
- Does not promote products, slam companies, or detail pricing. Any speaking proposal focused on product promotion will be disqualified. Discussion about general product categories is acceptable if there is clear intent to educate and not sell.
A quality speaker…
- Knows their session’s intended audience and engages with attendees. More information is retained when interactivity is a part of a lesson.
- Is collaborative in every sense of the word. This includes collaborating with panelists for an engaging conversation about all angles of a topic. This also includes collaborating with NAMA to ensure all learning objectives and deadlines are met.
- Has a passion to present.
A few additional notes:
- As always, participation in NAMA Show education is an unpaid, voluntary speaking opportunity.
- We are interested in round table sessions focusing on audience discussion for two reasons. As mentioned, interactivity and collaboration aids knowledge retention. Additionally, many attend The NAMA Show for its networking opportunities. We will certainly accept speaking proposals with a different session format (instructive presentation, panel interview, etc.), but wanted to note this as you prepare your submission.
- Educational sessions are 45 minutes long.
- Submitters will be contacted about six weeks after the submission deadline.
A few topic suggestions:
- Maximizing productivity of expenditures.
- Efficient fleet management.
- Expanding product selection in a modern OCS/pantry services operation.
- The role of robotics in increasing efficiencies and myth busting on their place in convenience services.
- Hallmarks of a quality IT technician.
- How to promote your brand.
- Theft prevention in micro markets.
- Round table about increasing spend per transaction.
Thank you for your interest in submitting a speaking proposal.